Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Christianity

I don't normally talk about my faith on my blog. I only do when I come back from a missions trip or something of that sort. I never realized the potential this blog has to share my faith. So here it goes I guess.

 I'm a Christian. That is a very generalized term though. There are many people who call themselves "Christians".  In other words I accepted Jesus Christ in to my heart as my Lord and Savior. I don't really have one of those amazing stories like, I was addicted to drugs when I crashed into a church and my life changed forever, I started going to that church. But mine is just as cool as I became a brother of all the other Christ followers in the world. I'll share my story.

I grew up in a Christian household, which meant Church every Sunday, youth group ever tuesday or something of that sort. Anyway, I was coming home from my christian pre-school in my dad's car, and we stopped at a red light or we were just about to leave, (I can't remember which). I was about 5 at the time. I asked my dad, "Can I accept Jesus into my heart?" or something along those lines. We went through the process of accepting Jesus and I was reborn, a new person in a sinful world.

Honestly, I would go through the motions of being a Christian, since I still didn't fully understand it yet. I still saw Jesus as my Lord and Savior, but I lead a sinful life because it got me popular. Especially in fourth grade I would swear, I would not listen. I was bad. That would all continue until around sixth grade where I stopped swearing. But, it wouldn't truly stop until I went to my local Christian youth group to get to know people before the Missionary trip I was planing to go on. After that, I began to not go through the motions any more. 

What's the point of my story? Much to contrary belief, Christians aren't perfect. We're all sinners, from a top pastor at a church to a serial killer, we all sin. But Jesus wanted to change this, he died for our sins. One of the most famous (and my favorite of all time) verses sums it up pretty well:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16. If you want to profess your faith and join me and my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, comment below, and I can help you.

-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment